Friday 7 December 2012

Body: Bye bye sandals, hello boots!

As of today I'm going back to wearing boots.

To be clear: It's not because of the cold. I got quite used to it and although it's snowing pretty heavy today, it is bearable to walk through it.

There are 2 reasons why I've decided to stop walking in sandals for now:
- The straps of my sandals were cutting my feet open when they get wet, which happens regularly in this weather.
- I've developed some pretty painful heels, I think because of the design of my sandals, which were getting worse.

I guess most of the above will be solved as soon as I'm going to switch to huaraches, which have a minimal design, but I'm not going to do that right now because it really takes some time to get used to walking with this very light footwear. So in short: I'm willing to go through really cold weather, but not with constant annoying pains.

There's a thin line between taking up challenges and just asking for trouble. For this challenge I'm drawing that line here for now. I'm happy with the outcome, though. I now know I can take temperatures almost to freezing point and there are some nice side-effects to walking almost barefoot.

2 comments:

  1. Wat voor sandalen droeg je dan, teva's?
    En helemaal zonder schoeisel is dat dan geen oplossing?
    Ik heb al vaker mensen gezien die het hele jaar rond zonder schoenen liepen, dan heb je ook geen last van de "straps".
    Ben benieuwd of deze uitdaging een vervolg krijgt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ik heb ze nu niet bij me, maar het waren denk ik teva's, ja.
      Helemaal zonder schoeisel is voor mij nog een brug te ver momenteel, maar ik zie mezelf daar wel gradueel naartoe gaan.

      Heb je die mensen ook in de sneeuw zien lopen en in de stad? Ik ben momenteel nogal een citydweller en daar vrees ik altijd voor glas of iets dergelijks.

      De uitdaging krijgt sowieso een vervolg! Ik kan niet wachten om terug wat meer open schoeisel te dragen, maar nu moeten mijn voeten even helen. ;)

      Delete