Saturday 16 June 2012

Body: The basic rules of the slow-carb diet (4-hour body diet)

I told you in my previous post that I was going to start with the 4-hour body diet, in the book referred to as the slow-carb diet.

More over the eating habits I have at the moment are mostly towards veganism (I have to be honest: I still eat eggs on occasions), so I'll have to adapt the diet, so it fits to my current lifestyle.

The diet itself is based on 5 simple basic rules:
  1.  Avoid 'white' carbohydrates
    Forbidden:
    All bread, rice (including) brown, cereals, potatoes, pasta, tortillas and fried food with breading.
  2. Eat the same few meals over and over again
    Recommended:
    Legumes: Lentils, black beans, pinto beans, red beans, soy beans
    Vegetables: 
    Spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, sauerkraut, kimchi, asparagus, peas, green beans.
  3. Don't drink calories Forbidden: milk, soft drinks, fruit juice, beer and white wine. Recommended: Water and unsweetened tea. Red wine is allowed, but maximum 2 glasses.
  4. Don't eat fruit Say no to fructose!
  5. Take one day off per week You can eat all you want on this day.

Doesn't seem too hard in my opinion. :) I'll add more information on this diet later.

No comments:

Post a Comment