Wednesday 1 August 2012

Food: It's a good day to go vegan!

After my post yesterday about vegetarianism, I felt like I had enough knowledge about that to take it to the next level: going vegan. There are more than enough arguments to become vegan and I'll certainly post them here when I have the time. The only reason why I still considered myself vegetarian was because of the eggs I eat. Milk and milk products I cut out of my diet a long time ago, even before I became a vegetarian. I still have to do some research on vitamins and minerals and such, though.

So this post is also a call out to all my vegan friends. Can you help me with becoming vegan? ;) Things I need most are simple recipes and nutritional information. If you happen to know any good websites for this, please share!

4 comments:

  1. The reason for avoiding eggs is simple: thousands or even millions of young roosters are just killed each year because the industry (I use the word consciously) has almost no need for them, because they lay no eggs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. And as far as recipes are concerned, you can avoid eggs in the baking of desserts by using squashed bananas instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good tip and a very good reason to become vegan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pieter, I have a twenty year old little vegan cook book at home, you're welcome to come and look, copy or even borrow it if you promise to give it back =o)

    ReplyDelete